Wednesday 19 August 2009

Parcels in the post

Just a quick post today to bridge what might be a bit of a gap – parcels have been winging my way and one very big one contains a shiny new computer to replace my own old lady, who is slowing down with age. She has given me five good years of service, though, and nursed me through writing 100,000 words of thesis, so I can’t complain. And she’s still sprightly enough to cater for the modest digital needs of Princess Bunchy and the Head Chef. And what sort of computer does Pomona have? An Apple Mac, of course! I think that I would buy one just for the name, but this will be my fourth Mac, and I am a devoted acolyte of these easygoing, friendly computers – not like the horrid awkward PCs that I have to use at work.


But as well as a big heavy parcel I have just received two nice small packages – the first was from Designed by Jane, and contained this absolutely exquisite brooch. The colours are so vivid, and it really is a thing of beauty. Princess Bunchy was quite covetous, and it would make the perfect present, but I really want to keep it for myself.



And from beauty to utility with the last parcel – the little pumpkins did not come in the post, but I thought that they were rather photogenic, and being so small they are not much use for anything else. The Head Chef picked them by mistake, thinking that they were patty pans (I don’t think he could have had his glasses on), rather than leaving them until autumn when they would have had a chance to grow to a useful size.


The little parcel is the answer to a troubling need. My handbag is weighty enough with all the paraphernalia that I feel the need to transport about, and my plastic box of mini Moo cards adds to the burden.


But I have just received the most nifty solution to this dilemma, courtesy of Tia at Who Ate My Crayons – tiny little business card boxes made from recycled paint colour charts. It is such a clever idea – and they are perfect for carrying my cards. Thank you, Tia!


So I will be back very shortly, just as soon as the General has opened the box, plugged in the Mac and had a good play. In a day or two, when the novelty has worn off, I might be allowed to take possession of the new toy – so until then, au revoir!

14 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Lucky lucky you - have always fancied an Apple Mac but soldier on with a PC as Monsieur prefers!

How I wish that the Jane in Designed by Jane was me - what an absolutely fabulous brooch - love it. Your tiny pumpkins are so cute and what a pretty photo. I will miss your fab posts - come back soon.

Jane

menopausalmusing said...

My forehead is banging on my keyboard with E.N.V.Y.......!!! You have got a M.A.C!!!! a M.A.C??!!!!!! ....... My poxy little 16 month old,malfunctioning Dell laptop pales into insignificance! I thought I was lucky getting to play every evening on my Charge's I Mac (she is on holiday and I am trying to "suss" out one of the programs for her........ I just sit and look at the beautiful beast before I switch it on. Had even thought of doing a post on lust! Changing the subject, that brooch is wonderful as is the clever little box. x

JuliaB said...

I have just taken delivery of my second Mac. I love Mac's so much I really can't understand why PC's are so popular! I am lucky enough to have one at work too.

Have fun with yours!

xx

silverpebble said...

Oof lots of loveliness. That brooch! I am green with envy and despite those little pumpkins being picked too early they are very very pretty aren't they? Little miniatures. As for those little moo card boxes - clever AND thrifty. What could be better?

whoatemycrayons said...

I would never be able to convert fully to the 'dark side' so I have my beautiful baby Mac or (s'Mac) as Mr Crayon calls it and a stonking fast (ugly) PC.

The colours on the brooch are just lovely. Glad you liked the holders, they are so dinky.

See you back online soon!

Hen said...

We converted to a Macbook about 18 months ago, and dare I say it, it's been tops. Easy to use and seemingly reliable. They look completely fab too, of course. The only downside is the cost but let's sweep that trifling matter aside! I love the brooches by DesignedbyJane, she is very talented. Look forward to your return...
Hen x

diana said...

Ah, lovely post(ing)! So many nice things. I also loves Jane's work - and the moo card boxes are brilliant!
Enjoy your new goods!

...Nina Nixon... said...

Ooooh - I do like that brooch. Beautiful colours and very vibrant.

Have a lovely day,

Nina x

sarah-jane down the lane said...

Broach/apple envy! lucky lucky you! see you when you are all wired up!
:D Sarah

Floss said...

I picked a small pumpkin thinking it was a ripe round courgette earlier this year... Ben was remarkably forgiving...

That felt brooch is fantastic! Have fun with your new Apple Mac.

Unknown said...

Love those color combo. They are ever so fresh and clean looking. Reminds me of a spring day. Great choices.

Duchess of Tea said...

Darling I simply adore the brooch, it is lovely and so is your post today. I love the photos and your writing always makes me smile, I am so glad that you and I found each other. Have a beautiful day and enjoy all. Hope you new Mac works for you faster so that you can post more of these lovely posts!

Hugs ♥♥♥
Duchess

Michela said...

Hi Pomona! Be back soon!

jennyflowerblue said...

That brooch is gorgeous! Lucky lucky you all 'round!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails